Udaya is fully registered with AHPC Singapore as a Speech Therapist and holds a Masters in Hearing, Language and Speech. He has more than 20 years of experience as a Speech Therapist and has also been a Lecturer for Masters of Speech and Hearing students.
Udaya has worked with children with Autism, Global Developmental Delay, ADHD, hearing disability, physical disability, Down Syndrome and Cerebral Palsy.
He stayed on as a therapist instead of moving on his career as a consultant because he is deeply passionate about helping children with speech issues and wants the contact time with these children. Udaya is highly experienced and is confident of helping any form of speech issues.
Accreditation and certification in:
- Orton-Gillingham Approach (Multi-sensory phonics program for reading and spelling)
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS) Basic and Advanced
- Sign Exact Englist (SEE-II) certified Sign Language Interpreter
- PROMPT (Prompt for restructuring oral muscular phonetic targets)
- Hanen – It takes two to talk
- Food Chaining – A systematic approach for the treatment of children with feeding aversion